SHEBI (The Society to Help Education in Bangladesh International, Inc.) is a non-profit non-political tax-exempt
organization composed of people of Bangladeshi origin and friends of Bangladesh in USA and abroad. The
primary objective of this organization is to provide assistance for developing and
improving education among the people of Bangladesh.
Poverty is a painful reality for the majority of the population of Bangladesh who are condemned to a seemingly hopeless existence. It is also an anguish for those fortunate few who are living abroad and are aware of human reality involved. To those people, who wish to contribute to lessen the burden of poverty, SHEBI offers a platform.
ORGANIZATION NAME: SHEBI
Education for the underprivileged
Empowering underprivileged children and families to achieve lifelong successes through education
Our vision is to see the underprivileged, empowered through education and training, be able to independently shape how they live.
SHEBI, which is short for The Society to Help Education in Bangladesh, International, Inc., is a nonprofit organization that provides support for the underprivileged children and families in Bangladesh in obtaining basic, technical and vocational education.
To maintain high moral and ethical standards and to reflect honesty, integrity, reliability, and forthrightness in all relationships.
To reflect the tenets of good taste and common courtesy in all attitudes, words and deeds.
To serve fairly the interests of all groups associated with our mission: students, parents, teachers, donors, employees, volunteers, other organizations, suppliers, neighbors, government and general public.
- Reconstruction of Bagaikandi High School, Munshiganj, Dhaka.
- Books for Home Economics College, Dhaka.
- Tech Journal and books for BUET, Dhaka.
- Bengali Type-Writer for Bancharampur College,Comilla.
- Donation to Nabarun Sangsad, Khulna, for Adult Children Education Program.
- 6 Scholarships for needy students: $5 - $10/month, Elementary College level in Dhaka, Narayanganj Faridpur Districts.
1989 – Present
- Dhobakhola Cornation High School, Pabna: $1100
- Uttaran Sisu Sikhalay, Tangail : $200
- Kadamtala High School, Ulipur, Kurigram : $120
- Koira Primary School, Manikganj : $200
- Jaintia College, Darbast, Sylhet : $100
- Institute of Techonology, Daratana, Jessore: $100
- Bagdumur IJDM, Sirajganj : $3800
- Rajshahi HM, Rajshahi : $60
- Ramkrishna Orphanage, Comilla : $960
- Sankuchail Adarsha College, Comilla : $500
- Baganchara Girls High School, Jessore : $600
- Bagaikandi High School, Munshiganj : $200
- Rangpur Samajik Unnayan Sangstha : $100
- Prapancha Night School, Gandaria, Dhaka : $50
(This is not a complete list)
Address: 10 Cresthaven Drive, Burlington, MA 01803, USA
SHEBI is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization EIN/tax ID number: 13-3406723.